Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Playwright Emily Schwend at the Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, 2016





The Playwright Emily Schwend at the Rattlestick  Playwrights Theater, 2016



Utility
by Emily Schwend
World Premiere by The Amoralists Theatre Company
Rattlestick Playwrights Theater in New York City
directed by Jay Stull

Starring Alex Grubbs, Melissa Hurst, James Kautz and Vanessa Vache

Set Design Kate Noll
Sound Design Jeanne Travis
Light Design Nick Houfek
Costume Design Angela Harner 
Prop Design Zach Serafin
Associate Producer Anderson Heinz
Production Assistant Kat Murphy

Production Manager Jeremy Pape


AMBER: But it ain’t fair. Ain’t fair that he’s gonna go through his life being the same guy he always is, same guy he always was, but I gotta go through my life like. Like I gotta lose just about everything I used to like about myself just so I can keep shit even halfway decent for everyone else around here.

JIM: I dunno what you mean bout that.

AMBER: Just. I been with Chris since before I was even a grown up person. And I ain’t the same person, and that’s how it goes. But I miss that person I used to be. You know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment